Now we can there are so many Android devices are available in the smartphone market. And the devices features are up to date. In the previous time Android manufacturers couldn’t allow the access to upgrade the old devices to the latest versions. But now many android devices are able to update to the latest Android OS version. So if your need to update your Android device to the latest Android version then you can do it easily. There are so many tools available for that. Do you have a MediaTek based Android device? OK then you can use SP flash Tool to the upgrading process.
About SP flash tool
Sometimes you may know the Odin flash tool for Samsung Galaxy smart devices. As like it especially for the devices based on the MediaTek chipset, you can use the SP flash tool. Yes this is also known as the Smart Phone flash tool. Within the help of this tool you can perform many tasks like Flash Stock/Custom ROM, Flash custom Recovery, hard reset, upgrade or downgrade firmware version and more. Further you haven’t the chance to use the Apk version of SP flash tool yet. So you want to use the tool with the help of a PC. And this is a strong tool so if you wish to use this tool then you can follow the below guide to upgrade your Android device to the latest firmware.
Facts to consider before upgrade
OK now if you are ready to upgrade your MediaTek based Android device with the SP flash tool, then before start the process you need to pay your attention for the following things. As the first it is better to have a full backup of your device. And you need to maintain a sufficient battery level within your device. Then check whether your PC have the correct USB drivers, if not download and install them.
Upgrade guide with SP flash tool
- First you need to download the latest version of SP flash tool to your PC or Laptop and the extract it
- Download the Android firmware version you need to upgrade on to your device
- Extract the Android firmware file on to an easy place
- Then run the SP flash tool as the administrator
- Now click on the scatter loading, and then select the scatter file for your Phone and then click Open
- Then you can see list of things that have checked, so select the only things that you need to do
- Now select the flashing method and then click on the Download Button
- Now connect your Switch off android device to the PC via a proper USB cable
- Then wait while the SP flash tool to detect your device
- OK when the tool detect your device it will start the process, so wait don’t interrupt the process
- After a successful process you can see a big green ring
- OK now you can disconnect your device from the PC
Vedio Guide for Upgrade Android
OK if you have clear idea about the process then you can use the SP flash tool/ Smart Phone flash tool to upgrade your MediaTek based Android device. Rather than the other flash tools here you have the ability to use SP flash tool with the Windows or Linux based PCs. And the developer credit goes to develop SP flash tool is MediaTek Inc.